Tuesday, February 10, 2009

chazown = Core Values (review part 2)

[catch up HERE and HERE so you're not lost. And you can buy the amazing book Chazown HERE.]

Have I mentioned that I think Craig Groeschel is THE MAN just for writing this book (not to mention being used by God to change thousands of lives through Life Church & their like 50 crazy innovative campuses... + I love Craig for what he is doing HERE and HERE).

OK - Part 2 of Chazown is all about the 3 circles = Core Values, Spiritual Gifts, and Past Experiences. Where these 3 circles intersect is where we find God's Chazown for our lives! Pretty cool.

*I loved digging into the Core Values chapter. It helped me a ton because I had NEVER really thought about the Core Values God had created me with!
Craig said that "What I cherish at my core is what I aim at with my life." Whatever is most important in my life, the things I refuse to bend on, the things I'm willing to DIE for... God put those things in me to help me KNOW WHERE TO AIM MY LIFE! pretty cool - God put that in all of us.

Craig asks some AWESOME questions throughout the book to help me (& you) get to the bottom of things... i.e. figure out what my core values are. Here are a few = “What priorities make you turn down other highly attractive offers because you know what—for you—is indispensable?” Also - "what angers me?"/"what brings me bliss?" The answers to these questions point to the core values God put inside me.
**But here are my favorite 2 questions of this section! = “If money were no object, what would you do for the rest of your life?” (WOW!) and = “(besides ministering to your family) What do you believe is the number one, most important thing God wants to accomplish through you?” Man, these questions are perfect! Stop letting $ determine what you do!!! let your CHAZOWN determine what you spend your passion and life doing! Answer these Qs honestly & they show you a little peek of what GOD SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED YOU to do!

Or maybe this question was my favorite? = “What do you know is so important that you’ll let go of everything else in order to grasp it?” Answer that one and you're really getting somewhere!
Oh, and before you go figure out your core values... this quote really kicked me in the teeth = Claimed values. Practiced values. They aren’t always the same.” OUCH! That's the truth though for many people... I'm going to try to not let it be the truth for me.

*Oh, and one of the greatest parts about buying Chazown is that you can access your very own Chazown website. You can log into it and it keeps track of all this stuff for you as you progress through these circles, etc... There are extra exercises on there that helped me figure out my core values and relevant past experiences, + there's a spiritual gifts test of course.
Anyway - here are the core values God put in me that the site helped me figure out... (I group some of them together because they're so similar = Compassion/Generosity, Enthusiasm, Leadership, Family, Learning/Teachability/Personal Growth, Communicating, Humor (thanks Craig for teaching me that this could even be one!), Creativity, Devotion/Passion, Satisfaction/Joy.
With only this 1st circle of my chazown complete I could already see how God was designing me for something specific and awesome!

[this is getting too long already so I'll have to postpone the next 2 circles = spiritual gifts & past experiences until the next Chazown post (which probably will NOT be the very next post here on renown). I promise I'll fit them both in!]

What are some of YOUR Core Values???

No comments: