Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chazown (finding it/mission statement)

God knew exactly what He was doing when He created you. God gave you core values, gifts, and experiences. And where those overlap is where His Chazown for your life explodes in spontaneous spiritual combustion.” - Craig Groeschel from Chazown... (Catch up on Chazown by reading my posts from the past week or so! It's an amazing book. There are links to buy it in those previous posts also.)

Your Chazown--whatever it is--will fit you. PERFECTLY!
Because it's what you were created for... God's dream, His vision for you.
Honestly this was the greatest, biggest question for me in the search for my Chazown & I think it will be a great question for you too = “If money were no object and I could do anything I wanted for the rest of my life, what would I do?

"God’s vision for you is bigger than you can imagine and impossible for you to do on your own.”** No doubt! Honestly, my 1st thought about my Chazown was = "There's NO FREAKING WAY I can do this!!!" If it were simply my dream/vision it woule be something a lot easier.

*I hope this word from Craig really pumps you up... I can't even sit down after I read it = “I guarantee that God’s Chazown, when you and He fulfill it, will make a significant impact in this world, reshaping lives according to God’s history-spanning plan.” YES! That's straight pimp.
So, I want to give myself freedom to dream big! I'm going to let my dream overtake me. And when I’ve dreamed as big as I can, I'm gonna dream bigger! If I have the ability to accomplish it without God, then it’s not God’s Chazown for me...

This is where you put your Chazown into words... write your own life mission statement.
"a mission statement is simply a one-sentence version of God’s Chazown for my life expressed in words that greatly motivate me to pursue it for Him."
This was so cool for me to do. It gives so much clarity to my life... everything I do. It's easy to say no to things. I love it.
Maybe I'll share mine with you one day, but I don't want to taint you in your pursuit of yours. I promise if you do the exercises in the book you'll have no problem figuring out God's chazown for you and boiling it down to a 1 sentence mission statement!

But you can't just have the mission statement... you gotta set goals to reach it. Reaching those short term goals helps us achieve long term victories! These goals are what I need to accomplish to make my chazown a reality. And that's what I want to spend every minute of my day doing!

There's really only 1 final part of the book & I'm gonna sum it all up in the next and final post of this review/downloading series of how Chazown has affected me. Make sure to check out that final post & then we'll be moving into a similar review of the unofficial sequel = Visioneering.

For now, DO YOU HAVE A LIFE MISSION STATEMENT?
DO YOU KNOW YOUR CHAZOWN?
WANNA SHARE IT?

1 comment:

hassanpour said...

i actually read Chazown last year (as suggested by you). it was helpful and challenging for me. it didnt necessarily determine exactly what my calling was, but it did help me determine which direction to head and where to place most of my energy.

thanks for these posts on Chazown, ive enjoyed reading them.