Tuesday, February 2, 2010

LOST...

I'm so fascinated and intrigued by this show. LOST is possibly one of the greatest shows ever made and has definitely become one of my favorites.
I just caught up and now it's ending this season! **I can't wait for the season premiere tonight!

I love the characters, the story, the mystery... the whole thing is brilliant! Charlie and Hurley have been my favorite characters throughout. Jack is definitely my hero over Locke and Sawyer (although Sawyer really grew on me this past season).
And if he were alive, I would always stick with Faraday! that kid is a freaking pimp. he knows what's up and I would just take my chances with him. I'm so intrigued by him and his story.

But it's not just a great show for entertainment purposes! I am so fascinated by the ridiculous amounts of philosophy and theology permeating throughout show! These writers are beast! It seems as though every single episode could be a discussion starter for a community group (in my humble opinion... packed full of awesome theological and philosophical conversations.)

1st you've got the whole thing between reason vs. faith. Jack vs. Locke. I love Jack and don't like Locke, but I'm definitely a man of faith over reason myself. It's crazy watching that whole pendulum swing in Jack's mind and heart.

Season 5 really just blew the roof off a lot of stuff! now there's this whole "changing the future" stuff. Is it true that "whatever happened, happened."?? Or are people really a variable like Faraday said?
*Is the future determined in the mind of God and unchangeable?
Or do we have an uninhibited free will to "change" the future?
Or would you be one of the ones who say "yes. both." This show brings up all that stuff I read back in the day about determinism vs. libertarian free will... never figured it out!

Here's some questions I would love to have answered this final season!
Does Kate love Jack or Sawyer?
Did Juliette set off the bomb? If so did it kill them all and start everything over like they hoped? (Obviously not.)
How many different civilizations have lived on the island? When did peeps start living there?
Who are these good/bad guys who are against Widmore = Llana and Bram who have the pilot guy with them? Who do they work for?
Are we gonna see Desmond again? I hope so... he's one of my favs.


Who is Jacob? Is he like God or something? Is he really dead?
So I guess that guy who is using Locke's body that found the loophole to kill Jacob is the guy who was sitting out on the beach with Jacob eating the fish?
(It's like Jacob wants people to come to the island to prove that people can be "good" and not corrupt it... the other guy disagrees?)
Where in the world is Claire?
How did Jack's dad end up alive on the island? Is Jack ever gonna bump into him? Is he really even alive?
How will it end?
And there are so many other questions I can't wait to have answered... 

Charlie was my favorite character of all time and I wish he weren't dead. I hope they can somehow "reset" everything so he comes back.

I'm really interested in reading this book The Gospel According to Lost that Chris Seay just came out with a month ago. It's packed full of all this stuff running through our heads. It looks awesome!
(some really cool artwork from that book too similar to this pic of Charlie, although that one's not in the book.)

So, I'm gearing up to watch this premiere in a few hours. I can't wait! I think this season is going to be awesome!
What questions do YOU want answered?

1 comment:

Evan S. said...

love it!! i like the theology you pointed out with faraday, that's cool...i can't wait to see who that stinking guy was with jacob watching the boat...i am afraid they aren't going to be able to answer all the questions...but i am so psyched for tonight...woo
talk to you soon buddy