Tuesday, February 23, 2010

some personal 2010 goals

I have a LOT of goals for my life. I have a lot of goals just for this year.
I even have a lot more goals for 2010 than what I list below, but I'll throw these out and that will REALLY keep me accountable, eh?

(These categories overlap big time!)

Learning/Growing
-  Never drive anywhere by myself when I'm not growing from listening to a book or podcast.
-  Read 50 books (You can see my 2010 reading list HERE) & complete notes on them.
-  publish at least 300 blog articles to renown. (Writing is an important way for me to process and grow...)
-  Actively participate in this Coaching Network & push myself to be the best leader I can be. -  read Relevant & Christianity Today issues when they come to the mail box instead of piling them up on the floor. (ultimatum I've given myself or of course I'll have to cancel my subscriptions!)
-  read the plethora of brilliant Catalyst articles from the many outlets that they come to me in (read at least 1-2 per week).
-  Watch at least 1 TED talk per week.
Continually strive to be the best I can be in my role at Ridge Church and go above and beyond to move the vision forward. Leverage all that I am for the sake of God's mission at Ridge. (Tons of more specific & passionate goals on my end at Ridge Church.) 

Financial
-  Give at least 3 loans to lift 3 families out of poverty through Hope International this year. (This will be a 1st time for us.)
-  Strictly continue to follow my "Total Money Makeover" and continually pour into steps 4,5, & 6 this year!
-  Give more to Ridge Church than we've ever given.
-  Give more to missions and social justice than we've ever given.
-  work and plan towards the goal of being able to give away more money than we spend on ourselves.

Physically
-  work out 4 days per week (strength & cardio)
-  play in at least 1 men's soccer league all the time (as long as my bum knees can handle it) = for fun, to stay in shape, and for some awesome missional engagement...
-  in addition, play soccer or basketball at least once a week.
-  don't eat like an idiot anymore.

Spiritual
-  a full on Sabbath 1 day per week where I worship all day by acknowledging that God is in control, not me. (No email, phone calls, or anything relating to my job. Usually Fridays.)
-  I'm going to commit to have a work "finish line" of 6pm every day! No matter if I'm finished or not...
-  a date night with Crystal every week, no matter what.
-  Work to become a better husband in many ways.
-  I need to get around water at least one day per month and experience God there! (hang out at Lake Norman, etc...)

-  Go to the beach and experience God there for a full day at least once per quarter. (I think I've written many times about my bent toward experiential worship in nature and how extremely powerful it is in my life.)
-  read the whole Bible via Bible Experience in the shower each morning. (went through the New Testament last summer & you can read about it HERE.)
-  Read Psalms everyday & dwell on something amazing about God. (have written about that HERE.)
-  Read Proverbs every day. (wrote about that HERE.)
-  Continue to journal my conversation with God every day.
-  I am going to intensely study through the 4 Gospels all year long. I want to "figure out" (as best I can) the gospel this year. I'm going to start by reading each gospel from start to finish in 1 sitting. and then diving back into it!
-  Continue to live by & prioritize my main "To-Do list" which I wrote about HERE.


*There you have it. These goals have been sitting on a piece of paper for a while, but now that they're out here on the World Wide Web for all to see I think it will cause me to be more intentional and all of you will keep me more accountable!


No comments: