Wednesday, February 17, 2010

valentine's day (& my amazing wife!)

my wife is so amazing! She amazes me every day. She is so beautiful and loving. i'm so lucky & blessed!

She outdid herself for Valentine's Day. I was looking at some pics in my phone and remembered all the awesome stuff she did over the past 2 weeks during the "month of love"

On February 1st this is what was waiting for me on the front door of our home when i came home from work. In case you can't see it says "Welcome to Case de Amor" = Welcome to the House of Love.
That's a pretty cool welcome when you get home for the day!

And then it opened up into a menu that was equally exciting. She laid out the appetizer, main course & dessert + wrote me a little note since it was the 1st day of the "month of Love".

One day i walked into our bathroom and found this on my mirror! How cool is that!?


I can't believe she is so good to me!
One of my fav desserts are rice crispy treats. As you can see here she made me some rice crispy treats in heart shapes and they were red/pink like a heart. Pretty awesome.

& those are flowers I bought her too. Gerber Daisies = her favorite. (See, I can do nice stuff too.)

We had an awesome Valentine's Day weekend. Dinner at her fav restaurant (one of them at least) = Red Rocks in Birkdale Village. Amazing place. I also got VIP seats (comfy couches in the back) for the opening night of the movie Valentine's Day at the MEZ (the theater at the Epicentre)... but we ended up rescheduling because of the snow.

On Valentine's Day we went to Carrabba's for lunch. We actually went to the one on Independence which is the location of our 1 year anniversary... of dating! back when we were 17! I made her a mix CD called "Love Songs for My Babygirl". I was smooth.

Finally, check this pic out. She brought me this huge thing of balloons on V-day. now, i'm not really a balloons kinda guy, BUT... there was a card with them that said something like "I could never write all the reasons I love you in this card. So, pop each balloon to find out all the reasons I love you so much."
**So, each balloon I pop a little red paper falls out with a reason my wife loves me. How cool is that!? I've been popping like 1 each day since.

like Andy says - "To stay in love you've gotta make love... a verb."

My wife is so awesome and i'm so thankful for her!

No comments: