Friday, February 26, 2010

Twitter hackers are crackheads!

I got a Direct Message from a friend on Twitter earlier in the week who had been hacked. Someone broke into their account and sent out spam mesages with links to all of that person's followers.

I heard these hackers were spreading like wild fire all week long! That should have been my warning to change my password because... the crackheads hacked my Twitter account!
And they didn't just send a link but it was a message about the kind of sex I've been having lately. 
well, that's just awesome

They sent out almost 200 Direct Messages to all my followers!
*Below is just a sampling of all the peeps this message got sent to... these are just the peeps who i know of (other peeps following me i don't really know who they are.)

- Tons of women who I know from my current or former church. that's not good.
- Lots of other girls who are friends and married to my friends. again... not good.
- MY WIFE!
- current volunteers from Ridge Church.
- my dad!
- around 20 pastors! including:
My Pastor, Rick Warren, Mark Driscoll, John Piper, Ed Stetzer (who DM'd me back & told me to change my password), etc...
- Peeps like John Maxwell & Jon Acuff (from "Stuff Christians Like"... maybe he'll write a blog about Twitter hackers?)
- Some great Organizations like:
North Point, Compassion International, Orange & ReThink, and Relevant Magazine...

Oh well, I hope nobody took it personally. This kind of thing def. calls for the Twitter fail whale!

Of course I got like 100 text messages, voice mails, Tweets, and emails telling me my account got hacked! i changed my password ASAP.
& of course many people have stopped following me since the hacker strike.

Twitter hackers are crackheads.

No comments: