Tuesday, February 9, 2010

a new kind of christianity

I have written several times on renown that Brian McLaren is one of my favorite authors. He is awesome. I've read about 6-7 of his books. A New Kind of Christian is in my top 10 list and A Generous Orthodoxy is right up there too!

I have been anticipating the release of his brand new book for about 6 months now. It released today!
A New Kind of Christianity: Ten Questions That Are Transforming the Faith

I'm stoked about reading it! This guy knows what's up. He's 50 years ahead. Maybe only 20. I really think he has a great hold on what the world and the Christian faith is going to be for our kids and grandchildren.
Of course many peeps are already starting the shouts of "heretic". I'm waiting to read what he actually wrote instead of what everyone else writes about him.

Looking forward to maybe writing some about what McLaren says in this book which promises to be great.

I'll leave you with a quote from the book:
"You may feel it as a curiosity, a desire for better answers than you inherited so far. You may experience it as frustration, knowing that there must be more to faith than you currently know. You may know it as hope, hope that God is seeking humble people whose hearts and lives can be the womb of a better future. You may be carrying this pregnancy now, with symptoms beginning to show - increasing love, joy, and peace; growing patience, kindness, and goodness, strengthening faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. In you, your family, your faith community, and circles of friends, among people of peace and faith everywhere, something is trying to be born, indeed, indeed." (259)

No comments: