Wednesday, January 6, 2010

the day after...

Not being at this Passion Conference (Passion 2010) has really made me nostalgic. It has brought back so many memories and emotions from all the years I was there.
Unfortunately, I guess I am officially old now since this is the 1st one I wasn't allowed to be at. Feels like I'm kicked out of the 268 generation a little bit. JK.

But, I do remember what today felt like. Today being the 1st day back home after the most amazing 4 days at Passion were over. I was so renewed and resolved to CHANGE THE WORLD. (& I still am today, so it never wore off.) My passion was ignited and I was so happy to let my life only be about 1 thing = RENOWN! and not my renown or name or glory or fame either. But my life was going to be all about the renown and glory of the only One who matters; the only One who lasts; the only One worth living for.

As I said several times over the past few days, nothing has changed and radically influenced my life in my 20s like the Passion Movement. No doubt there are thousands of college students right now who are feeling the same way. And maybe this was even their 1st Passion experience.

I think one of the greatest things I did "the day after" was to keep myself surrounded with people who had the same "awakening" as myself. To be in constant conversation with friends who had also determined that the only thing worth living for was to make God famous!
So, any college students who might see this, make sure you do that! The people you went with who now have the same passion as you = to live for the glory of God -> stay close to each other and constantly encourage each other in living that life!

I think another great thing I started doing "the day after" was to get my hands on every single talk and book from the people in the Passion movement! That has kept my mind and heart centered on this 1 passion for my life. So, find all the talks you can from Louie and Piper and Francis Chan and Andy. You can even download their podcasts for free and pop them on your iPod. I've listened to pretty much all those guys have had to say for the past 6-7 years and God is changing my life through what they're saying! Buy their books. be reading one all the time.

anyway, that's just some humble advice from me for "the day after"...

And for all of you who may be experiencing "Passion withdrawals" over the next several days... don't worry.
I'm planning to post some thoughts here on renown from the talks from Andy, Piper, Louie, maybe even Beth Moore...
***Which btw, you can still listen to Andy's and Piper's talks HERE. but hurry before they're gone!

I am also planning to post my top 10 moments since I first was "awakened" to the movement through One Day '03 to now...
So basically my top 10 memories from Passion Conferences! hopefully some of you might enjoy that stuff.

my prayer today: God, today there are thousands from a generation who were awakened to the reality that Your glory is the only thing worth living for. Be near to us today. Kindle that flame in us. Satisfy us in You as we live for Your fame. Use us to change the world for Your renown!

What's YOUR prayer today?

2 comments:

Cam said...

This is my first time reading your
Blog, randomly found it while "googling" the lyrics to a song I heard at Passion.

I could not agree with you more from what you said. This was my first time at Passion and it was such a blessing, an awakening to wake-up and work to change the world for the glory of god.

The Passion movement changed my life in such a small time span of 4 days. GOD IS GREAT! Your passion2010 coverage is exceptional and I am really happy I stumbled upon it.

God Bless

patrick mitchell said...

Cam, i'm so STOKED you got to experience what God did at Passion 2010! I'm so thankful for what He's doing in that movement.

I'm stoked that God changed your life this past week! praise God, He is GREAT!
thanks for stopping by and sharing about your experience!
God bless!