Tuesday, January 5, 2010

new songs in our hearts

(I wrote a lot about Passion and Passion 2010 yesterday HERE. Passion 2010 actually ends today.)
One of the awesome things about the Passion Conferences is that it's where all the most amazing, gifted, and "God anointed" worship leaders in the world lead their brand new & fresh songs for the 1st time ever. It's the perfect audience to introduce a new song to.

I can't even remember how many tons of songs being sung in churches all across the world today, I heard the 1st time they were ever sung at a Passion Conference. It's a really awesome thing. Louie talked about that on Sunday. I was right with him agreeing big time.
A lot of the sixsteps guys, along with Louie, got together over the last several weeks to write some brand new songs God had put in their hearts specifically for this Passion gathering.
Tomlin ended up writing one called "Awakening" that's pretty sweet.
There are always so many songs that are exactly what is in the heart of this generation & what we want to say to God!

But I would have to say my favorite new song so far debuted at Passion 2010 has been "Our God Is Greater". Matt Redman and Chris Tomlin have both led it, but I think Chris wrote it.
I wish you could hear it, but for now I just want to leave you with some of this amazing song that is resounding in my heart today:

"There's no one like You; none like You...
Our God is greater/ Our God is stronger
God, you are higher than any other,
Our God is healer/ Awesome in power,
Our God, our God...
And if our God is for us then who could ever stop us,
And if our God is with us then what could stand against..."

7 comments:

Cody White said...

I agree. This is an awesome song and it must have been either a collaborative effort or Chris Tomlin wrote it. I watched all 5 general sessions online. You have to piece together what is going on without being there. I am 36 so Passion started about the time I was at the upper end of their target age range. I have followed them over the years though, and volunteered as staff at one of the events. Now I am a worship leader at my church and always looking for new songs to lead. Thanks for posting the lyrics to the other songs also.

patrick mitchell said...

Cody, i'm with you - I'm so thankful the sessions were up online since we're both too old now :)
That song is still my favorite! it's amazing and so God-exalting. i hope when you use it at your church that people are able to experience an amazing time of worshipping God.

Cody White said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lauren cothren said...

This was my favorite song, too!! I just googled the lyrics to see if it was out there yet, and I found your blog. It has been great to re-live some of the Passion moments that you talked about.
I wish you could have been there. The GO center was awesome...there was so much hands on stuff. I think it really connected to a lot of people.
Anyways, thanks for posting these lyrics. I've been singing the songs since I left, and sometimes I'm like..."oh man, what was that word?!" lol! God bless!

p.s. Im a photographer, and I got some pretty cool shots. They're not the most amazing pictures, but I got what I could. They were confiscating DSLR's, so I was shooting from under a scarf half of the time...lol!!

lauren cothren said...

oops, forgot to leave a link!
http://laurencothren.smugmug.com/
enjoy, and comment if you like!

LDM said...

Where can I download this song?!

I go to Breakaway at Texas A&M and our worship leaders keep singing this song and I absolutely love it but can't find it anywhere!

Anyone know where I can download it??

Cody White said...

the song will be released March 9th, 2010 on the Passion 2010 Live CD. I'm sure it will be available on itunes then, and at their website 268generation.com.