Tuesday, September 2, 2008

donald miller prayed at the DNC

I don't really watch political stuff so I missed this pretty cool thing. 1st of all Cameron Strang - who is the Head Honcho at my fav magazine (Relevant) - got asked to pray at the Democratic National Convention. (He also made quotes of the week yesterday with a "political" quote which you can read HERE.) At 1st he accepted, but in the end he didn't do it though because... well, read his reasons for yourself HERE. Also read his thoughts on the aftermath of all this HERE. I think everyone just needs to CHILL when it comes to politics. stop yelling...

Anyway, so Cameron asked Donald Miller to pray instead. He's a great author & I think I've talked about him a little HERE and HERE.Then, my 2nd fav mag that I get (Christianity Today) interviewed him about it. You can read that CT interview HERE. The prayer was awesome. watch below.




Pretty cool ending. "I make these requests in the name of Your son Jesus, who gave his own life against the forces of injustice. Let Him be our example… Amen.”
- You're the man, Don... I don't care what other peeps say about you.
(Wednesday night or Thursday morning I'll post some more cool stuff related to all this...)

No comments: